idchaechrisme Admin replied

295 weeks ago

The Sword And The Sorcerer Download Movie Free

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b A mercenary with a three-bladed sword rediscovers his royal heritage's dangerous future when he is recruited to help a princess foil the designs of a brutal tyrant and a powerful sorcerer in conquering a land.
(POSSIBLE SPOILERS - Although only if you've never watched a film in your life…)<br/><br/>Lately I've been watching a rather unhealthy number of low-budget `Fantasy' films - everything from Barbarian Queen to Sisterhood. This film evidently had more money in the coffers than the aforementioned films but it never tries to be anything other than a low brow, high entertainment flick (that's a good thing in my books). The story line is a familiar one: evil leader wants more power, kills rival leader, son of deceased King vows vengeance, many years pass, son becomes skilled warrior whom single-handily slaughters opposing army and beds distressed maiden. However, there a number of aspects that makes this film more enjoyable than the standard fare.<br/><br/>Firstly, there is the ridiculously unwieldy 3 bladed sword, which not only shatters metal to pieces but is also able to shoot-out its blades! Secondly, the main hero (Prince Talon - Lee Horsley) isn't played by a dense block of wood (a la `Deathstalker') rather there is an element of Errol Flynn style swashbuckling and a dash of Indiana Jones style rugged charm (OK that's maybe pushing it but you get the point). Credit is also due to whoever came up with the idea of him still being able to fight after having large nails hammered through his palms! Thirdly, whilst the film runs for a 100+ minutes it doesn't drag too much, this is due in part to a rather woolly plot but also because the director understood that this was an adventure film for big kids. With this in mind there is the odd scene of topless women but the main female character (Princess Alana - Kathleen Beller) seems happier kneeing men in the groin rather than stripping off.<br/><br/>The main draw back with the film is the under use of Richard Moll's character. The film provides some great visual effects during the raising of the demon but for some reason they decide to ditch the character and only revive him during the last 20 minutes of the film (I'm assuming it was due to budget constraints). Admittedly the effects aren't on par with anything Peter Jacksoncome up with but they are fairly impressive for the time-period nonetheless.<br/><br/>Overall, the acting is OK and the script is fine, albeit a little meandering in places. This film will appeal to those who reminisce about their childhood or for those who simply haven't grown up. 6 out of 10.
It wasnt until this year that I managed to track down this film that I saw late one Saturday night on BBC1 when i was 7 years old. My sister was a very liberal babysitter and i sat shaking in fear at the demon resurrection………scary stuff…well it was an 18 certificate… Im so glad my memories were vivid enough to draw me to this wonderful piece of fantasy film, when i saw the DVD at £6.99 i had to buy it. Admittedly the acting isn't great (and it seems to get worse during the film…do you think they started rushing it to get there pay quicker?),and the effects have dated but what other film has a three bladed sword??..Think how heavy it would be considering that a one bladed weapon would be a struggle for most people to swing with any accuracy. AMAZING. Mostly because of the memories i give it 8/10<br/><br/>Dont you just wish the sequel got made…..
The Sword and the Sorcerer is so dominated by its special effects, its settings and locations, that it doesn't care much about character. It trots its people onscreen, gives them names and labels, and puts them through their paces. That's not enough.
Because he only wanted revenge for his mother and fathers murder, also he wanted to be a free spirit and have many adventures which would not have been possible if he became the king and stayed in one place
Stop VI - Joe Run! Run for Your Life, Joe!! full movie in hindi downloadthe Cowboy Bebop full movie in hindi free download hdDark Angel full movie in hindi free downloadDownload hindi movie Batgirl RisesTarzan full movie 720p downloadDownload Episode 1.1 full movie in hindi dubbed in Mp4Dylan Dog: Dead of Night movie in hindi dubbed downloadKingsman: The Secret Service full movie hd 720p free downloadBabylon 5: The Gathering download movie freeThe Desperate Trail song free download

last edited 217 weeks ago by idchaechrisme
Please log in to post a reply.